Clean energy and bright future: the Global Energy Prize Tour to be launched at NRU HSE
On November 23 National Research University - Higher School of Economics will host the round table, which presents the first way-point of the Global Energy Prize Tour – a thematic series of presentations by the Global Energy Prize Laureates to be held from November, 2016 to December, 2017 all over the world. The tour will begin on November 23 in Moscow; it will continue in other countries and will end in the anticipation of the Global Energy Prize 15th anniversary in 2017.
The fuel and energy complex experts from all over the world will discuss the revolutionary technologies of “clean” energy, which has become the driving force of the world leading economies. The round table will be held with participation of the Global Energy Prize laureates, the members of the Global Energy Prize International Award Committee, as well as representatives of innovative companies, authorities and research centers.
The list of participants includes:
• William Il young Byun (Singapore), managing director at Asia renewables, the member of the Global Energy Prize International Award Committee
• Valentin Parmon (Russia), research advisor at the Institute of Catalysis under the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, RAS academician, the Global Energy Prize laureate 2016
• Klaus Riedle (Germany), Board member at VDI-GEU, the Global Energy Prize laureate 2005
• Thorsteinn Ingi Sigfusson (Iceland), General Director at Innovation Centre Iceland, the Global Energy Prize laureate 2007
• Rae Kwon Chung (South Korea), the member of the Global Energy Prize International Award Committee, Advisor to the Chair of HELP (High-level Expert and Leaders Panel) on Water and Disaster for the Secretary-general of the UN, the Nobel Peace Prize winner 2007
The NRU HSE experts will elaborate on the future trends and global energy challenges, as well as their possible consequences for Russia. The event participants will discuss the probability and conditions of the revolutionary technologies’ development in Russian and abroad, their effect and supporting policy. The round table presents a unique opportunity to discuss the latest trends and technologies of “clean” energy with the world famous scientists and businessmen.